St Mary’s School aims to be an inclusive school where all children, parents/carers, staff and other community members feel valued and involved. We actively seek to remove the barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude individuals, or groups of pupils. Providing equality for all of our children is a priority for us. We make this a reality through the attention we pay to the different groups of children within our school regardless of:
- Any identified Inclusion need
- Differing family structures
- Risk of disaffection or exclusion.
We have made provision for pupils experiencing difficulties in each area of need described in the Jersey SEN Code of Practice 2017. These are:
- Communication and Interaction
- Cognition and Learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Sensory and/or physical needs
Please read the attached Inclusion policy for more information.