What is Jersey Premium?
Jersey Premium funding has been introduced to help all children get the very best from their education. The funding is a commitment from the States of Jersey to ensure that every pupil has an equal opportunity:
- to access the full curriculum
- to receive high-quality teaching tailored to their needs
- to perform to the best of their ability, regardless of their socio-economic background or barriers to learning.
Schools will strive to raise the aspirations and educational attainment of all pupils, regardless of their eligibility for Jersey Premium.
Eligibility For Jersey Premium
Schools will receive Jersey Premium funding on a per pupil basis for:
- Pupils who are Looked After Children (i.e. who are under the care of Social services
- Pupils who live in a household which has claimed Income Support for a period or periods totalling at least 12 months within the last five years
- Pupils who live in a ‘Registered’ household that would otherwise be eligible to claim income support, except that they have not yet lived in Jersey for five years continuously.
The Education Department will continue to monitor the eligibility criteria and may revise these to ensure that Jersey Premium funding is targeted appropriately.
Please click the link below to be taken to the States of Jersey Jersey Premium site.